Photographer 4 Hire




Welcome! Take a look around. . . . Like what you see? Message me to set up your photo session. j.cruz.photography@gmail.com





08 May 2012

Dominique + Friends • Prom • Galveston


I was super excited to take prom pictures last month.  It was the first time I had been asked to do so, and I think it is the perfect photo opportunity to memorialize an american high school milestone.  Why had I not thought of this before?!  I only wish I had more parents wanting to step away from the traditional prom date pictures taken at the front door right before the couple heads off..... 

We drove to Moody Gardens in Galveston for a few pre-prom pictures of Dominique with her friends.  (I have to tell you, Dominique is the sweetest girl in the world and if you were to meet her family you'd see why she turned out so well.  They are a big family with big hearts.)  So for Miss Dominique we were at the prom hot spot to put a modern twist on her prom photos.  It was a really nice day and the timing was perfect as the last minutes of the sun illuminated my subjects.  I also got the sun lens flare which inspired me for post production work on these pictures.   And I love the warm colors.

All images © Julie Cruz & j.cruz.photography



I always welcome healthy critiques to improve my skills, so if you'd like to know something (How to's in photoshop, photo style, etc.) or give your opinion please do not hesitate.  Thank you! 


No comments: